VIP Legal Cover Plan

Get in touch with us

Each citizen of South Africa has the right to good legal protection

But with fees spiralling out of control very few can afford it and the facilities offered by Government are either not qualified to handle the cases or are purely just under-resourced to do so.

The VIP loyalty plan offers protection in the event of legal action taken against a policyholder whether it be criminal, civil or labour. The product also offers bail cover of up to R 5 000.

The Product

The VIP Loyalty Plan is a legal defensive product offered by More Than Legal (Pty) LTD (MTL). It offers insurance protection in the event of legal action instituted against the policyholder and any of his/her immediate family nominated on the policy.

If you would like to receive more information or you need an application form, please feel free to contact us.

What we cover

We offer the policyholder legal assistance in the following areas:

  • Civil Matters that arise from relevant facts in a court of law, constituted body or other independent forums.
  • Criminal Matters in which the policyholder is charged with a criminal offence that arises from relevant facts, without the policyholder having the option of paying an admission of guilt fine, which is covered in terms of this agreement and occurs in the Republic of South Africa.
  • Labour related matters.
  • Bail, up to a value of R5,000 per matter, with legal representation up to the value of the maximum offered by the policy.

The policyholder is also entitled to 24-hour legal advice.

The policy has a maximum of R60,000 per matter with a total limit of R240,000 per year.

Who Is Covered

The following people are covered by this policy:

  • The person in whose name the telephonic recorded application is completed.
  • A spouse named in the application form.
  • The applicant’s children under the age of 18 years of age, named in the policy.
  • The applicant’s children named in the policy, who are between 18 and 21 years of age and studying fulltime at a school, college, or university, and who are financially dependent on the applicant.
  • If the member is a citizen of RSA, residing in the RSA, permanent resident of the RSA, or in possession of a valid RSA work permit.